Survey Junkie- Can You Make Money Here?
Is Survey Junkie really a decent way to make money? Is Survey Junkie legitimate?
These are the questions that I keep hearing, the answers to these and other probing questions just ahead. In the Survey Junkie review.
Does Survey Junkie Work
Survey Junkie is a survey site, NOT a Rewards site as in MyPoints or Swagbucks. There are not a lot of distractions on this site.
How Survey Junkie affords to pay members for their opinions and therefore pay you for your efforts.
To reach the proper people for the proper survey, Qualifying questions are asked at the beginning of each survey. Those questions ask about your age, gender, income, heritage to start.
Questions then come about what you do or like to do, what you buy, where do you shop. Building a profile of you, as a result, you get the survey or no. I have been bounced out of many surveys, here and elsewhere.
Rather, than get upset, just keep going, generally unfair, but the site itself has no control over that. Similarly, this same procedure can be found at almost all, or all survey sites.
And then the companies use this information to help them make decisions. On which directions to take products or policy. Did not know you had so much influence, did you?
Survey Junkie is a survey site, they concentrate on surveys. You earn points by completing surveys. The offers are marked with the point amount and approximate time to do the survey. Most surveys take 1-20 minutes and are worth 10-90 points ($.10-$.90)
When you complete a survey the points are placed in your account. There may be a lag here at times. Should not happen, but, it did to me once, but the points did get there.
To reach the minimum cash out value of $10, you will need 1,000 points.
You can redeem your points for a PayPal deposit if you have an account– or, if you live in the U.S. you can choose from a range of eGiftCards. Including Amazon and Target, two most popular.
Of course, egift cards are codes sent to you, not an actual card. Being old school, I much prefer the later.
Your points will never expire as long as you keep your account active by taking at least one survey within a 12-month period.
When you cash out, your deposit or eGIftCards should happen automatically as well.
If it’s been longer than 24 hours, get in touch with their online customer support.
Pros and Cons
- A clean and clutter free site, very easy to navigate.
- Flexible payment options via PayPal or electronic gift cards
- Low pay out amount, 1,000 points $10.00 and you can cash out
- Many different ways to cash out, cash, egift cards.
- Earn points for answering screening questions
- Extensive FAQ and good customer support
- Free and simple to register as a member
- No special skills needed, nothing to install
- New surveys constantly available, notification by email when eligible
- Earn points for answering profile screening questions
- Extensive FAQ and good customer support
- With no Survey Junkie app for mobile, surveys are designed to be done on a computer
- Survey questions are sometimes redundant
- You may not qualify for some surveys
I decided to start taking online surveys in my spare time as a way to earn some extra cash. I knew it would not be enough to pay the mortgage or the credit card bills each month, but something is better than nothing, right?
And, taking online surveys for extra cash is something that I can do on my own schedule from my own home. Earning money doesn’t get much better than that!
Now that I’ve done this for some time, I have a fairly steady flow of what I call ‘fun cash’ coming in each month.
We have used this money to put gas in the car, or to buy fun things for the kids or the family. If you are looking for ways to bring in a little extra spending money by doing online surveys, then I offer you the following tips:
• Some survey panels immediately confirm your reward upon completing a survey while others may take 2 to 4 weeks.
• There can be down times where you may only get a few survey invites or none at all. Just wait and they will usually start coming back in again. If you’re in a dry spell, be sure to update your profile!
• It may take 4 to 8 weeks to receive your payment after your cash-out request.
• Online surveys are by no means a get-rich-quick option, but they can be a fun and fairly easy way to earn some extra money or fun rewards during your spare time.
Fill Out Your Profile
- Without the proper information, that a filled out profile would provide, some surveys will not be offered to you. No survey no money!!
- The profiles will ask about your life, although, they are not very specific or personal in nature. More along of your habits, spending, what, where.
- The “best” surveys fill up fast, meaning the highest paying and shortest time. When you get your invitation, try to get to it as soon as possible.
- Some sites will get more surveys than others, you get notified by email
- I am a member in 5 sites now, I will be paring this down. Getting 20-25 offers a day is too much.
- Find a site or two that work for you
- Don’t ignore the Reward sites, some have shopping rewards and the points can accumulate quickly.
There are common complaints to almost all survey companies. If I’m honest, I feel like most of the complaints made about legitimate sites could be avoided by reading the terms and conditions, and having realistic expectations.
However, when you are about to entrust a site with your personal information it is a good idea to review what other people say about their experiences there.
Although there used to be many complaints about the high volume of email that members started to receive almost instantly, it appears that Survey Junkie has addressed the issue.
I didn’t receive very much email at all.
Remember to always have an email address dedicated only to survey sites so that your regular email address isn’t clogged up. You can change your email preferences in your account settings.
I have also found that the problems I have had with spam email, has been with the reward/survey sites. So if you join any of those, definitely get yourself a “junk” email account. A little secret, I have 2 “junk” email accounts.
There are a number of reasons that someone’s account might be deleted, and it’s unfair to make a judgment without knowing the circumstances.
However, the terms and conditions will tell you the reasons that Survey Junkie might delete a member’s account. If you feel that it was unfair, you can contact customer support.
Not receiving earnings.
Some members say they never received their earnings. Survey Junkie says that if your points have not been credited to you after 24 hours, you should contact customer support. Mistakes do happen, so make sure you know what you are entitled to.
Survey Junkie is not a scam, and you can make some extra money here. Although it is likely to be some to help with expenses. Not likely to finance that vacation or anything major.
If what you really want is more money from your online efforts, there is a way.
Wealthy Affiliate has a Free Membership with Two Websites, Training to build your own online Empire. Definitely harder than doing surveys, but so much more rewarding.